Now it's a pile of plywood. Plus a pretty large section of front trim facing, which I haven't taken apart yet because I don't know if I want to save it or not - it's screwed together really well, and the screw heads are ALL stripped out, so I may just break it apart and throw it away to save my aching hands the extra hassle.
|tools of destruction|
I am now short one computer desk, but I have gained:
- a bunch of large, nice pieces of plywood to use for other things
- two sets of drawer sliders (one from the drawer and one from the keyboard tray)
- six small nail-in furniture feet
- 4 push-in shelf supports
- 8 2" screws and 6 tiny ones from the drawer sliders
- a ton of floorspace in the garage that is no longer taken up by a computer desk!
- a ton more floorspace, since while I was out there I broke down an enormous pile of cardboard boxes and stuffed it all into the recycling bin, which I'd been meaning to get around to doing for months
- an asthma attack from all the dust I kicked up :(
As for plans for things to do with all this wood...who knows? The possibilities are endless. The first project is going to be turning that drawer into a medicine cabinet for the master bathroom: I have hardware to hang it on the wall, small bits I can use for shelves, a small piece of plywood from the desk that would make a perfect door, a box of knobs to choose from, several small magnetic door catches I might use, and I think I may even still have a small set of hinges lying around somewhere. To the Parts Cave!