21 March 2013

Gynolamp!

Check it out:




I know, right? EEUGH.  Gynecologist-waiting-room-pink, and gross bright brass.  Four bucks at the thrift store (aaaaaand cue the song).

I took it apart.  I stripped the paint inside the glass with Kleen Strip spray stripper, which I had on hand (but not before I gave up on how to get the paint out of there, not realizing that I had the spray stripper until I found it while searching for a missing cat).



I dried and re-sprayed the inside of the glass, sprayed the base and the finial on top of the glass under the bulb hardware, located a turny-knob for the switch in my Box O' Lamp Parts in the garage, and put it back together.

It still needs a shade.  I've been playing with all of my lampshades, from other lamps, as well as extras lying around - nothing looks quite right.  Too big, too small, dumb shape, etc.  I'll be hunting around thrift stores for the perfect one (or something I can make into the perfect one, hehe).  Meanwhile, here's Johnny:



The lamp, not the shade, hehe.  Tada!  This shade sucks, but this photo was of the "does this thing work?" test. The hunt for the right shade continues!



I really, really love the way the jar came out, and the warm, pale silver with the creamy,  milky glass.




More soon.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)