28 February 2013

New Shoes!

Well, not exactly.  I had this pair of red canvas shoes from Target that I LOVED - they were soooo comfy, but they were also old and ratty and faded.  They'd been washed a billion times, worn to the beach and around the garden, and were not only faded, but the rope trim around the bottom was fuzzy and unravelling, too.

Plus, I really wanted some black ones that I could wear with everything if I wanted to.



So I made some!   One of the things I do in the SCA is paint silk banners, so I had some black Dye-Na-Flow fabric paint sitting around, and I thought, what the hell, these things are shot anyway, might as well try it.  I trimmed up the frazzled trim and took a paintbrush to the shoes, then ran them through the dryer on high heat to set the dye/paint after it was dry, and voila:


(the "gray" spot on the left foot is a camera flare, sorry)

:D


I promise I haven't forgotten about you, or that couch I keep mentioning.  Soon!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)