I began with the closets:
1. First, I emptied my bedroom closet:
Ikea's STOLMEN post as closet rod: great for a long wall;
although the rod is just a tad too wide for hangers to slide
2. Next, I started filling it, in order to clear out the closet in the sewing room. I managed to get the ENTIRE contents of my sewing room closet into the bedroom closet, as well as the ENTIRE fabric wall, and, well, pretty much everything but my current sewing-in-progress and furniture. Holy cow, this is a big closet!
Once the STOLMEN "rod" was down, I moved in the shelves
that once held fabric in my soon-to-be-ex-sewing-room.
(This closet is simply packed full; actual organization
to occur at a later date).
3. That left me with an empty sewing room closet full of shelves that needed to be removed:
|And yes, that green box IS full of actual rocks.|
So now, both rooms are a shambles. I can't sew until this job is done, but at least I have a space in which to sleep. I admit, this project is so huge that it's been prohibitively daunting, but I feel good about it now that I've started. Moving closets was a HUGE first step, and a necessary one. You guys have seen my craft room - it was organized, but it was full. Now there's room to move, and to slide things around in order to work on the room itself.
And I am somewhat pleased to report that during this process, I only walked into the wrong closet four times.