1. I went to Ikea, and I bought a loooooot of things. The first item on my list, and the most important, was this:
ALVINE KVIST duvet & sham set, $39.99. I have wanted this duvet cover for YEARS, you guys. I finally have it. Yay!
I also purchased:
- a whole bunch of FAGLAVIK drawer handles for my kitchen, which I'm about half-done putting in place. They're $7.99 for a 2-pack, but I found a bunch in the as-is section for $3, so I bought them all. Turns out, I need three more two-packs! Oops. Pics when done. :)
- an UPPLEVA (I know, right? Wth) tilting tv wall bracket, so my TV is now hung on the living room wall again! (And now, since I've replaced the one I lost, I'll probably find it any day now).
- a metric assload of small, cheap things, like you do.
2. I painted some pictures. A pair of canvases, for a pair of dear friends' birthdays:
I completely forgot what I called this one, but it was for my friend Laurie, who is bright and tall and colorful, and always growing and reaching. She's also a very spiritual person; when I was little, I thought sunbeams streaming through the clouds were happening because Heaven (which was a floating cloud island) was right there at that exact moment (God flew it around, naturally) - so this is Grace and Heaven and stuff smiling down on Laurie. :)
This one was for my best friend, Sylvan, and is called "Sylvan of the Trees", something I see her say a lot on her various blogs and on Pinterest. That's her face, yes (no, it doesn't really look like her, because I'm terrible at portraiture. You're lucky I can even draw faces that don't look like Monkey Jesus), but the whole picture is her. I wanted to paint a picture for her, to her, but I wasn't sure what to paint - and then I decided to paint a picture of all of the things about her that I love, so that she can look at the picture and believe what she sees, even if she doesn't believe me when I tell her she's awesome. Her response to this, of course, was to flail her hands at me, saying, "STOP GIVING ME FEELS!" Hee. I think she liked it. ;)