The other week I got all fired up about re-arranging the furniture in my living room. The old arrangement lacked seating space for guests, and while I had the space broken up into two rooms by function, they weren't really separated - it was just a bunch of furniture in one big space. It was cluttered, and there was a bit of a floating couch situation:
Having finally rendered the Minicouch functional (if not done - yet!), and finished the silver floor lamp, I have finally finished moving everything around:
|<-- tv's over here|
It's soooo much more comfortable. There's real conversation space, with views of the windows and the rest of the room from the seating area, instead of the couch just facing the tv. The two spaces - living area and office/music - are separated by the entertainment center and a screen behind it
Still to do in this room:
- art for the big empty wall above the Minicouch (er...the black thing is the old tv wall bracket, which also needs to be taken down and the holes patched)
- a slipcover for the Minicouch, too
- some sort of rug situation (working on it)
- a round coffee table??
- an ottoman and floor cushions
- the meditation pallet is still in the corner behind the brown couch, but needs de-cluttering and spiffing up
As with everything - more on all of this later! In the meantime, I really do love the new seating arrangement. This little corner between the couches, I think, is my favorite...and hey, there's that silver lamp! Tada:
To be continued...