12 October 2011

Grunge-Be-Gone: A Gnu Before-N-After

On my last trip to Ikea I found a little office chair in the as-is section for $9.99. Yup. A $140 NOMINELL chair for ten bucksSCORE.

Before:


It'd been a floor model.  For a long, long...long...long time, it would seem:


ewww.

EWWW!


But, never fear!  It only took about half an hour to remove the old (grungy, red, microfiber) cover, separate it into its pattern pieces and use them to make a new cover...

the little hooties that go around the posts under the back




After: 

TADA!   New clean chair that coordinates with the color scheme that will be in the room once I finish painting things, and get some real flooring down over that green-painted concrete:

oooh, aaah.

CLEEEEEAAANN!!

Awesome.

.

1 comment:

  1. nice...

    my wife and I are sourcing for nominell custom covers too.
    our chairs covers are beginning to show their age but the chair themselves are still fine.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)