Except for one thing. It's fading
- really fast
- unevenly - as in, the whole couch looks like it was made with four different brown fabrics. Which is what happens when you use curtain panels to upholster your furniture: they didn't all come out of the same dye batch, so they're aging differently. Which I knew, but...well, they were cheap. I needed cheap.
Options:
- throw a gigantic soft throw of some kind over the whole thing. If I can find one large enough to look right, that is not just a bedsheet. Which I can't.
- remove the entire cover, wash it, and attempt to dye it.
- remove it, take it apart, and use the pieces as a pattern to make a new cover...yup, completely replace the cover after only 2 years.
I'm tempted to be mad that the thing is getting weird after two years - but I kind of intended it to last for a couple-three years, just until I could figure out and make a nicer cover for it. I used what I had, intending to replace it. And it's getting to be time. What to do, though?
![]() |
| 1. I've always wanted a blue velvet couch 2. have you ever tried to scrape cat hair off velvet? |
![]() |
| funky-comfy drop cover, or soft linen? But, the whole reason I slipcovered the thing was so I didn't have to drape blankets over it! |





Just get the pretty tabby...no one will care about the slipcover.
ReplyDeleteMeow?
Hm...maybe if I start seeding the couch with treats, all five cats will take to sleeping on it at once, and it'll hide the color fade.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete