That stack of fabric included several pieces of both cotton and linen sackcloth, some of which was still printed with lettering and logos - they were landscaping product sacks of some kind, once upon a time.
And so....
And so....
| Before |
Seat removed, frame cleaned, then deglossed with Liquid Sander, and finally painted with a plain black semi-gloss latex paint, with a 1.5" china brush with ragged tips, for that streaky wood-grain look I adore painting with.
The overall effect looks black at a glance, but up close it's a deep, deep espresso-brown and black "stain."
Covering the seats with the cotton sackcloth and eggcrate foam (which I happened to have a bunch of sitting around, left over from old projects).
One chair finished!
I did three of the set of four today. I actually can't find the rest of my foam! I know it's around here somewhere. Soon as I find it I'll get the fourth chair done, lol.
I think when I do find the rest of my foam I'll put a seat cushion on the little Ikea dining room chair that I use at my computer desk, as well. I'm tired of sitting on a throw pillow to blog.
Before & after comparison.
The dining room table is black, and I keep a rough, white, linen tablecloth on it. These will coordinate much better.

All of the sackcloths I had were different prints. So what? I think it's cute that they're mismatched. The third one, not pictured, has a simple print of black text; the fabric for the fourth chair is the same, but the text is different, and placed differently on the cushion.
The overall effect looks black at a glance, but up close it's a deep, deep espresso-brown and black "stain."
Covering the seats with the cotton sackcloth and eggcrate foam (which I happened to have a bunch of sitting around, left over from old projects).
One chair finished!
I did three of the set of four today. I actually can't find the rest of my foam! I know it's around here somewhere. Soon as I find it I'll get the fourth chair done, lol.
I think when I do find the rest of my foam I'll put a seat cushion on the little Ikea dining room chair that I use at my computer desk, as well. I'm tired of sitting on a throw pillow to blog.
Before & after comparison.
The dining room table is black, and I keep a rough, white, linen tablecloth on it. These will coordinate much better.
All of the sackcloths I had were different prints. So what? I think it's cute that they're mismatched. The third one, not pictured, has a simple print of black text; the fabric for the fourth chair is the same, but the text is different, and placed differently on the cushion.
| After |
Sausesome, as always...I shoulda grabbed that stuff...but it'd still be sitting in my stash instead of on your groovy chairs. :D
ReplyDelete