16 October 2013

Stuff!

I know, I know, I haven't posted in a while. Blah blah sick blah blah blah bipolar blah blah crashburnsisboombah.  Anyway.

I did something REALLY cool on the 5th, though.  A friend of mine had her bachelorette party at a place called Painting With A Twist, which is one of those studio art classes places.  We noshed on veggies and cheese and cookies, drank wine and punch, and all painted a cute little picture of fireflies in a jar along with the instructor.

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN YOU GUYS.

At the end of the class, we all took a big class photo of us holding our paintings, and then there was a raffle in which the winner (randomly drawn name) got to pick a finished piece of a showcase wall of paintings done by the instructor.  Guess who won!  ME!

Instructor's piece on the left (Austin Skyline and town lake, Van Gogh-ish-ly;  my firefly painting on the right.  Hee! 


Also, I have an update for you on those bulk day pieces from the other week...um, sort of.  Actual photos of them instead of pictures from the internet that are kinda close.

the footstool thing

Trio of 2x4' sheet mirrors!  SO EXCITED. 

Grubby little side table
(see also: put away your extension
cords damnit;  flat bike tire) 

☼  
The little side table, I'm thinking, is going to become TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME.  You know, once I get a spare five minutes to freaking work on it, which I haven't had lately.


The mirrors are going into the master bath as I mentioned in the previous entry;  but that's going to be the end of a cascading set of projects:

  • fix up a light fixture and install it in the guest bath
  • move old guest bath fixture to master bath
  • repaint the room
  • hang the mirrors


I have NO clue what I'm going to do with the footstool.  I mean, aside from refinish the wood and replace the upholstery.  I mean, what'll it be FOR?  It's tall enough to be a piano stool, I think.  I dunno yet.


The secret project in this entry is what the footstool is propped on/in in above:  it's a counter-height kitchen cabinet, about 24" square, with drawer and door, and single shelf inside.  It's going to be the end piece of my new garage worktable, once I get off my !#@% and build the goddamned thing.

Stay tuned!


.

2 comments:

  1. Wheeeeeeeeeeee! (you know why)

    And maybe a vanity stool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that, too, but I don't typically sit to do my "vanity" stuff - more just "grab stuff out of the mirror cabinet and walk around putting it on while doing other things."

    I was actually thinking piano bench. Maybe. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)