|(the ladder was there so I could work on the porch, it doesn't live there)|
However, I was bored with the following things:
- empty pots all over the place, that belong in the garage
- half-round rubber doormat...er..."iron sculpture" over the door - too much
- actual iron sculpture/baskety thing on the wall - pointless
- black porch railing - was cute five years ago, but I was tired of it.
Instead, we have:
- a cleaned-up porch, with
- off-white railings to match the window trim - and I painted the door trim, too, once I saw that it stuck out like a sore thumb as the only thing that was now not off-white
- iron/rubber wall "art" gone
- The tiny Tibetan prayer flag string, which is actually there in the "before" picture, is relatively new. A friend brought it to me from India a couple of months ago. :)
- I also painted the trim around the front door to match the windows and the porch railing
But Wait, There's More!
Wanna see what a seven-year-old, crusty, yellowed, plastic doorbell looks like?
|oh. my. god.|
This is not a new doorbell, but it's at least less ugly than the yellowed, crusty mess that it was yesterday. It's a band-aid on a broken arm, but it's a start.
I DO still need to do something about THIS:
|empty planters?! noooo!|
Plants are next.