Before
![]() |
| (the ladder was there so I could work on the porch, it doesn't live there) |
Not terrible.
However, I was bored with the following things:
- empty pots all over the place, that belong in the garage
- half-round rubber doormat...er..."iron sculpture" over the door - too much
- actual iron sculpture/baskety thing on the wall - pointless
- black porch railing - was cute five years ago, but I was tired of it.
After
Ta-da!
Instead, we have:
- a cleaned-up porch, with
- off-white railings to match the window trim - and I painted the door trim, too, once I saw that it stuck out like a sore thumb as the only thing that was now not off-white
- iron/rubber wall "art" gone
- The tiny Tibetan prayer flag string, which is actually there in the "before" picture, is relatively new. A friend brought it to me from India a couple of months ago. :)
- I also painted the trim around the front door to match the windows and the porch railing
But Wait, There's More!
Wanna see what a seven-year-old, crusty, yellowed, plastic doorbell looks like?
![]() |
| oh. my. god. |
![]() |
| ...better |
This is not a new doorbell, but it's at least less ugly than the yellowed, crusty mess that it was yesterday. It's a band-aid on a broken arm, but it's a start.
I DO still need to do something about THIS:
![]() |
| empty planters?! noooo! |
Plants are next.
.





ha ha ha!! I just did the same thing.. I moved the empty pots from front of the porch to the side .. next to the garage... :-) Thats a good start.. Yes.. plants are coming next!! Good luck!! :-)
ReplyDeleteMwaha. I put mine in the garage in a big pile without even dumping the dead soil out or cleaning the pots, LOL. One thing at a time, right? :D
ReplyDeleteI was like...what ladder...? Took me awhile to find it. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou know, I meant to point out - that black railing made it really hard to see anything stashed behind it. Now that it's white(ish) everything back there shows! That's GOOD. No more hiding crap back there.
ReplyDelete