13 April 2011

Front Porch, Round 1

Before

(the ladder was there so I could work on the porch, it doesn't live there)

Not terrible.
However, I was bored with the following things:
  1. empty pots all over the place, that belong in the garage
  2. half-round rubber doormat...er..."iron sculpture" over the door - too much
  3. actual iron sculpture/baskety thing on the wall - pointless
  4. black porch railing - was cute five years ago, but I was tired of it. 
And so...


After



Ta-da! 

Instead, we have:
  • a cleaned-up porch, with
  • off-white railings to match the window trim - and I painted the door trim, too, once I saw that it stuck out like a sore thumb as the only thing that was now not off-white
  • iron/rubber wall "art" gone
  • The tiny Tibetan prayer flag string, which is actually there in the "before" picture, is relatively new. A friend brought it to me from India a couple of months ago.  :) 
  • I also painted the trim around the front door to match the windows and the porch railing


But Wait, There's More! 
  
Wanna see what a seven-year-old, crusty, yellowed, plastic doorbell looks like? 

oh. my. god.




...better


This is not a new doorbell, but it's at least less ugly than the yellowed, crusty mess that it was yesterday.  It's a band-aid on a broken arm, but it's a start.


I DO still need to do something about THIS:

empty planters?! noooo!


Plants are next.


.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha ha!! I just did the same thing.. I moved the empty pots from front of the porch to the side .. next to the garage... :-) Thats a good start.. Yes.. plants are coming next!! Good luck!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwaha. I put mine in the garage in a big pile without even dumping the dead soil out or cleaning the pots, LOL. One thing at a time, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was like...what ladder...? Took me awhile to find it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I meant to point out - that black railing made it really hard to see anything stashed behind it. Now that it's white(ish) everything back there shows! That's GOOD. No more hiding crap back there.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)