03 March 2012

Another Post-Vacation Project Idea, Re: Guest Room Makeover

Because of the sort of cottage-y look the guest room ended up with, I'm considering maybe painting some  trompe-l'oeil "architectural" stuff in this room.  I made some mock-ups in MS Paint (hi-tech, baby!), but I can't decide which I like the best...

The first pic is unaltered.  The second is a sort of horizontal siding/clapboard cottage thing.  Which I really
love, because of the height it adds to the room;  I also feel like it makes the room seem bigger. 

The third picture is a paneled wainscoting, about picture-rail height (probably about up to my shoulder). 

I'm just not sure.  I love the wainscoting behind the bed; but I love the paneling pretty much everywhere
else. I also sort of love the wonky lines in the mock-ups, hehe...makes me wonder about freehanding this
with a laser level instead of taping or stenciling it on straight.  Hm. 

What do YOU think?



3 comments:

  1. I like the clapboard much better. The wainscoting is nice but I always associate that with fancy rooms in mansions and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I'm not fond of faux-painting much. You can get bead-board panels in a pack at Home Despot for not a lot, I'd use those with a chair rail for a very cottage-y feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1XAUSBmlWP4/T0KB-8oq2tI/AAAAAAAAB9s/h5KHKdDsQs4/s1600/beadboard+1.jpg But you knew that.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)