19 March 2012

I can has a storm door!



Before
Aaaaaand we're back (from a week and a half long vacation, which was epic, and you can read all about it here, on my +2 Blog of Dorkitude).  The first day back involved a lot of sitting around, moaning about post-camping aches and pains, and laundry like you would not believe.

On the second day, I got to work refinishing the storm door that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. It was given to my friend Mary by a friend of hers, and she gave it to me.






took it apart, scrubbed and dried all the parts

it was red!  and with a mirror-finish
shade film on one side of the glass.

how to use up old wrapping paper
(and protect your glass from spray-paint dust)

After: 

YAY!  
 It took about an hour and a half to get the frame pieces and the door hung, and it went off without a hitch.  Special thanks goes out to my awesomesauce boyfriend Kress - I could never have done it by myself, this thing was so heavy.

Finally, light in the 24' long entry hallway!!!



Next post:  some yardwork! 


.

1 comment:

  1. Really Good Post!!

    Main Garage Doors Contemporary Full-View Aluminum Glass Garage Doors with Clear Tempered Single or Dual Pane Glass are designed to complement your home’s clean, modern look.modern garage door http://bit.ly/sNKsSl

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)