Yesterday was the first day in nearly three weeks it didn't rain, and the entire neighborhood has exploded into lawnmowers, edgers, and people in shorts crawling around on their hands and knees. For my part, I hit the front yard running as soon as I got home from work last night:
- "mowed" the front yard (with a weedeater - I'm between lawnmowers at the moment)
- and edged the yard and garden beds (also with the weedeater)
- pulled some weeds
- pruned a few shaggy bits off of the oak tree in the front yard
- hoed, raked, and weeded the front garden bed
- also pruned a few new suckers out of the Mexican Orchid Tree in the backyard
|Before - shaggy hangy-downy bits After - not a lollipop anymore!|
I promise my house isn't yellow. That's the sunset. It's actually beige I hate yellow. I hate beige, too, but I hate yellow more.
Also? OMG I HAVE GRASS IN THE FRONT YARD FINALLY. It hasn't been this green in three freeping years!!
|Before - shaggy bits, and even a dead shaggy bit! (broken branch) After: visible tree crotch is visible|
Ta-da. Fall down go boom now. Bit tired after all that.