02 July 2012

Ways In Which My House Is Pissing Me Off

A couple of years ago when the dishwasher quit, I didn't mind so much.  I prefer to do the dishes by hand anyway, and have basically been using my dishwasher as a giant drying rack.  (And fantasizing about removing it entirely and putting in an extra cabinet the dishwasher hole).

When when my new puppy chewed up what was left of the baseboards in the dining room - why the dining room, anyway? Shelly did the same thing! - I just gave them a new coat of paint to minimize the visual effect, and left it for some magical Someday when I can afford to replace them (preferably a Someday when I'm replacing the dining room and kitchen floor anyway and can do it all at the same time).


  • But then the diverter in the shower in the master bath started sticking, and now my water pressure's all screwed up in there because the diverter valve won't close all the way.  
  • And there's a cracked tile in the kitchen all of a sudden. 
  • And the brand-new, piece-of-shit Ikea flooring in the craft room?  Is peeling and chipping.  After three months!  AUGH!  
  • And the garbage disposal seals are shot and it's leaking water  - and corrosion, for apparently it's been f*d up for a while and I didn't notice - down through the motor and out the bottom of the unit
  • And there are *three* cracked tiles in the master bathroom that just appeared in the past three days.  
  • And I'm pretty sure the thermostat on the hot water heater is on the fritz - it's scalding people at random, even when the knob in the shower is set to cold!  The fu..?

WHAT IS GOING ON, HOUSE?!  All of a sudden!  All the last month!   And I really can't afford to do anything about any of it, right now.  This is how people end up living in totally trashed out houses.  :( 




.



5 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)