22 February 2014

Heehee. Like I said.

Insurance Adjustor:  "Yep.  I'd say that door is pretty well shot."  






Heh.  Yeah, I kinda knew that.  The whole door needs to be replaced, though thankfully the tracks are fine.   I should get an estimate sometime this week;  then I can start shopping around for overhead door companies - and probably also paints, just in case whomever replaces my door can't match the color exactly.

I had a dream about it, the morning the guy came out to scope out the damage.  In my dream, the guy was fantastic - a tall, flamboyant, lovely gay man, built like a wrestler and bedecked in all sorts of crystal jewelry, and pink Elton John sunglasses.  Except he got to work right away, instead of providing an estimate:  he started building a new door from all the scrap lumber in my garage, and messed up all my tools, and accidentally let my cats out and they got lost, and he built this GORGEOUS door but the HOA hated it and I got fined, and so on.  GACK.  Stress dreams are so annoying.

Is it silly that I'm excited about getting a new garage door that will look and function exactly like the old one?  Hehe.


.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to that picture. I accidentally put the car in reverse one morning without even hitting the garage door button. Before I realized, the door blew off the track and was like a bent aluminum can. Luckily the local garage door repair company was able to get me a new one for far less than I thought it would cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is it silly that I'm excited about getting a new garage door that will look and function exactly like the old one?"

    Not really. I had mine completely totaled recently too. In fact, a lot of the time my stuff gets busted I wind up replacing it with something that does the exact same thing. Great use of money huh? HA HA!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)