20 September 2016

The Fun Part (?)

Here's a very rough floorplan of the house we're moving into in a couple of weeks a week and a half:



When I say it's a rough floorplan, I mean it's *extremely* rough.  As in, none of the measurements are even remotely correctly sized, but they're at least in the right place with relation to each other.  Later this week I'll be able to get into the house to start cleaning and painting, and I'll get exact measurements then so that I can fix this, and so that I can have a better idea of what's going on here. 

But you get the gist.  It's a big house. There are lots of rooms. When I'm overwhelmed, or when I'm on a break at work and stressing about a house while I'm miles away from being able to do anything about it, I like to play with this and try to figure out where all the furniture will go, what colors to paint the walls, etc. Which, you'd think I'd have that figured out by now, considering that in the next 10 days, I have to:
  • finish packing
  • finish cleaning out the garage so I can start staging boxes out there to get them out of the house, because I live in a box fort now and I'm tired of tripping over things
  • clean two houses
  • paint two houses
  • finish fixing up the backyard in the old house so that the nice lady who's repairing the back fence next week can do her job
  • Oh yeah, and MOVE on the 1st

2 comments:

  1. This looks just like the floor plan of the house that belonged to the mother of my bf back in about 1984, in roughly the same neighborhood. I think her house had been there for a while, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a corner lot by any chance? This one is. It was built in 84, though.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)