22 July 2010

"New" Living Room: Fireplace



There!  Happy now?  Hee.
 
Hell, I sure am.  I plopped the mirror up there to get it out of the way last weekend when I was painting, and a STAR WAS BORN. (I swear it was).  This puppy was $3 at Goodwill, with a broken frame, which I repaired (read: patched from the back where nobody can see my awesome kludge) and cleaned and re-painted. 

...Actually, the big empty space above the mirror is bothering me, but I'm not sure what to do about that yet.  I've got some ideas, I just haven't experimented yet.  

But let's hear it for more light in the room!  I had actually planned to put a mirror here for just that reason, just not this one.  I love the effect - but more than that, I love the way it doubles the sparkle and shine of of the objects on the mantel - silver and glass, leaves and candlelight.  Mmm.  Take a look:

I made everything on this mantel with my own two hands. Out of lima beans.


Not really.  
But not a single piece cost me more than about $6 - thrift stores FTW.


I can't decide which my favorite thing in the entire house: 
the silver dessert goblet or the blue glass jar.  Yum!


A small statue of Parvati, who is hiding behind the 
wooden candlestick in the other pictures. 

Tada.  




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)