08 November 2011

When You Care Enough To Send the Very *BAWK*

Sometimes you just need a pair of brightly-colored, ceramic chickens.




My BFF got me these for my birthday a few weeks ago.  They're silly and cute, and I love them to pieces.  And no, I'm not normally into decorating my house with livestock figurines of any kind, but these are special.

My mother had a pair of them when I was little, and I loved them SO much.  I never could explain why, there was just something about them.  My mother decorated for each holiday, and all sorts of other special occasions, but her chickens never came out of the cabinet, and were never displayed.  She didn't really like them, and I have no idea where they even came from. But I loved them, and loved to take them out of the cabinet when no one was home and arrange them on a shelf or table, and just sit and admire them for a few minutes before I put them away.

It's a long story, and one I won't burden you all with, but, suffice to say, I lost my family a long, long time ago, and have almost no mementos from that time in my life, especially ones with happy associations.  And for that reason, my BFF got me a pair of chickens I loved for no reason when I was a child.  It's amazing to have people in your life who care enough to think of and remember the little things like this.  :')


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)