21 March 2014

The Rougher Side of Searz

Well, either I was right about the sink replacement being a catastrofuck, or it was a self-fulfilling prophecy, or maybe just a case of accidentally calling something into being.

I've been to the hardware store twice this week - found the parts I needed the second time (hallelujah).  The second time I had to wait a couple of days until I had the money for more parts.  Turns out I needed to replace the P-trap, except that I couldn't - I couldn't find the exact one I had, and the ones the store had weren't the right size or type.  #Q$^&!#$^%@#!

Finally I figured out I could just remove my P-trap (and if you've never had the pleasure of smelling the water that sits in there, I highly recommend it.  It's a heady combination of bong water and poop, with very slight but delectable rotten-potato overtones) and alter it just a tiny bit so that everything lines up correctly.  This involved sawing it in half and inserting a small coupler in between the two ends to extend it (translation: I had to touch the inside. Ewwwww).

The fun part - yes, more fun than the bongpoopwater - was that I don't have the strength in my hands/arms to get the connector in place, and so I have to wait yet again until I can find someone willing to help push a couple of pieces together.

Meanwhile, my kitchen has looked like this all week:

Also, washing dishes in the bathroom sink and the backyard?  Not as fun as it sounds.  

Update soon.  I hope. Please.  I WANT TO USE MY NEW SINK DAMMIT. 



  1. You know, don't you, that Home Despot carries these? http://www.atgstores.com/traps/plumbcraft-1593-8913-plumb-craft-waxman-group-white-plastic-flexible-female-j-bend-trap_6925959.html?af=2615&cse=2615&gclid=CODllsvvpr0CFSho7AodFXoArw&gclsrc=aw.ds

  2. I had to use one in my bathroom, cuz....NPC house...


  3. No, actually, they don't. It's on their website, and I asked about it, but they don't carry it in the store. At least not the stores I went to.

  4. Hmmm...well, I did buy mine a long time ago, might even have been at Builder's Square (remember them?). You can order it online and pick it up at the store, usually that's free shipping. I can check my HD up here and see if they have them.

  5. Okay, but on further inspection, Lowe's has this: http://www.lowes.com/pd_26615-143-81240K_0__?productId=1076241&Ntt=flexible+p+trap&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dflexible%2Bp%2Btrap&facetInfo= And they say they have it IN the Stassney store RIGHT NOW. I'mma pick one up on the way home tonight. That is EXACTLY WHAT I NEED.

  6. YES!!! Exacterly!! Woohoo!

  7. Eeexcept it turns out it's too small - 1-1/2" inlet, and I have 2". I could use it for the kitchen; but I'd have had to remove ALL of the piping and re-do everything. But see next post. :)


Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)