I posted here and here about a pair of antique, homemade chandeliers that I was given by a dear friend. I've finished the lily chandelier, which was made by my friend's metal-worker great-grandfather in the 60s. Here is the before:
It's a four-light candelabra chandelier, originally gold-leafed. It's 54 years old, and was encrusted with dust and cigarette smoke. The gold leaf was peeling, and the metal was rusting underneath. The wiring was all good, thankfully, though I did replace the main wire leading up from the center of the fixture to the ceiling mount. I also scrubbed and sanded the fixture to remove the gold leaf and rust and dirt, bent some of the metal bits back into shape, spray-painted the bulb holders white, and primed, then sprayed the entire fixture in a pale, shiny gold.
My guest bath, meanwhile, had this three-light fixture in it:
Which was pretty, but not fabulous. I wanted fabulous.
Here is the after:
Yay!! I love this SO MUCH!!