21 June 2010

Random Monday Afternoon Post

1.   I'm really hoping to have pics for you tomorrow, camera issues or not.  I just have to remember to take some tonight when I get home, before I lose the light.

2.   Came across my new favorite word today:  "designerati" - TM Decorno, who alas, is no longer writing her blog, but, happily, is still guesting at a couple of other design blogs from time to time.  I spend a LOT of time reading design blogs online while I should be working,   and, to answer the question that I've been asked a few times in person (but not here): NO, I am not one of the online "designerati."  I adore paging through design blogs, but I am not remotely inspired to become one of the people I read. This blog is for my projects, my house, maybe sometimes my gardens - but I'm not here to join an online world or become internet-famous.  I just like to blog, and feel like showing off.  I may link off-site sometimes when I find cool things out there, but I have no plans to create a "design blog" that consists mainly of pictures of other people's work.  I'm not entirely on board with that idea...though it doesn't keep me from looking at re-posted re-posted pictures elsewhere. Heh.

Edited to add:  that's not meant to sound all judgemental.  It's just not what *I* want to do, is all.  No offense to the online designerati intended.  :)
 

3.   The less-fun part of decorating:  maintenance.  *UGH*  Do not want.  What's hanging over my head right now that I'd rather not be doing?  Sprucing up the baseboards in the dining room, for one thing.  I did the entire rest of the house last summer, but somehow I forgot to do the dining room, and it looks that much more horrible next to the rest of the house where all the baseboards have been scrubbed, re-caulked, and re-painted.  It'd take me like an hour if I'd just get off my ass and do it...but I probably won't.  Bleh.


.

1 comment:

  1. Baseboard redoing is no pickanicka, BooBoo. I can tell you. I hate it. hard on knees, my bad wrists and hands...ow. But I'd be glad to come over and hand you cold beers and kibbutz (my fave activity, as you know).

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)