21 March 2011

I suck less than on Friday!

Bedroom after pics, as promised:

But first, a Before: 

The bed was on the west wall, with the windows on the south (left in this picture), and the bathroom on the north (right)...






And After: 

Looking at the north wall, <3 the new arrangement of art

Moved the [new] bed between the windows on the south wall, taking advantage of the 16x18' room - WAY more space on each side, which allows for a little chair to sit in.  This is just the same Ikea wicker chair I've had for years, acting as a placeholder (and cat bed) until I find a spiffy one on craigslist that I can re-upholster.


Another shot of the "reading corner", with bathroom doors

These aren't the greatest pics - my old camera is still not working all that well, so I took all these with my phone.  At least it's a new phone, and takes better pics than my old one, lol.

outline of old bed placement - WAY more space now!

I don't yet have a decent shot of the sari that I hung over the head of the bed as a sort of canopy - I really love it, but I couldn't get the right light in the room to get a big picture.  You can't see it in this picture, but there's a fluffy plant hanging between the sari and the window, and I plan to hang a second one on the other side, as well as bring in one of my potted trees to put next to that chair. 


because I'm a ding-a-ling
 This is what happens when you don't have a plumb line - you tie a bell to a long strip of ribbon!  Hey, it works: the sari's hung straight. :D

pile of stuff on my dressing table, painted rock a friend made

I still need bedding - you can see in the pics that the box springs are uncovered, and I'm still using the queen-sized comforter from the old bed, hehe.  I also still need to get to work on building the new wooden bed footboard, side boards, and posts to affix to the metal frame.  Work in progress!


Post cat count: 4

Yet to do:
  • build the wooden bed parts and install them
  • replace the bedding
  • repaint the ceiling
  • 2 more plants
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)