You know what I love? Alabaster. And alabaster glass. Like this:
Preeeety.
And I loved it, for many years, over my kitchen sink:
But then I saw a whole bunch of stuff like this on Pinterest lately:
| (via Down To Earth Style) |
And then I got this FABULOUS gigantic, round light bulb from a friend of mine recently, and an idea was born:
It casts WAY more light into the entire room, since it's not shaded; and the open feel of the basket (from my garden, with a fresh coat of black spray paint on it) makes the archway and kitchen area seem a bit bigger and airier, and doesn't block my view into the living room as much.
Is that bulb not epic? Yeah, I have no idea what I'll do when it burns out, LOL. But for now, I love this new fixture.
It makes nifty shadows on the ceiling, too:
You know how I love that.
.
.jpg)




Aziz!! http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/g40-decorative-globe-light-bulbs/
ReplyDeleteI notice that you have a white sink in your kitchen. I have a white sink too and am always looking for ways to keep the d*mn thing clean. Do you have any tricks that you use ??? Thx.
ReplyDeleteActually, short of scrubbing the f@$k out of it every day with Soft Scrub, I can't keep it clean either, and I hate it! I'm going to be replacing it soon with stainless. :-)
ReplyDeleteI have stainless, but when I had a white sink, I just used comet on it every day, don't remember having a problem.
ReplyDelete