16 February 2011

Wildebeests: Nice Rack (Part I)

Look! I posted something!  I actually DID something this week! :)

Okay, well, I've done a lot this week so far, just no project-y things.  But I got this one good and started:


This was a section from a queen-sized headboard that I found on the side of the road last year.  It's been sitting in my garage since then...leaning on things.  I had no idea what to do with it.  Until last week.



I cut it into thirds - a middle and two "identical" end sections* - then deglossed the finish and went over it with a bit of black-brown paint to change the color and also make it look a bit worn.   (It's halfway done in this shot - no judging!)

*  "Identical" is in quotes because although the ends looked identical, they're totally not!  Who carved this thing, anyway?  Hee.

It's going to be a coat rack when it grows up.  Just you wait.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)