01 June 2011

Wildebeests: Free Sh*t

All hail the Craigslist/Thriftstore/Dumpster-Diving Powers That Be!  I was bored at work yesterday afternoon and poking around Craigslist for a big chair to stash in a corner of the living room (more on that later)...and I found a couple, but one was too big, and one was manky...I mean, WAY grosser than I'm willing to deal with cleaning up. Granted, it was only $20, but STILL.

Oh, well, I thought.  And then I drove home and discovered this baby out on the curb down the street:

FREE.
 
Doesn't look like much, I know.  Looks better underneath: 




cleaner than my garage floor


The structure is sound, and aside from a slightly crushed arm rest, it's in great shape.  And it's clean, aside from some small, grubby footprints on the seat where a kid was either walking or jumping on it, hehe.  No nasty stains, no smell - just some footprints that can be cleaned off easily.

This is, in case you don't recognize it, Ikea's KLOBO loveseat.  Not exactly my style - but I've seen really great things done with this and with the similar KLIPPAN sofas, and I have a *fabulous* idea for this little guy.

I love the product care instructions for this thing on Ikea's website, by the way:

Care instructions
  • Do not wash.
  • Clean with upholstery shampoo.
  • Do not bleach.
  • Do not tumble dry.        <---- DRAT
  • Do not iron.
  • Do not dryclean.



Bonus:  for some strange reason, the people who had this loveseat before me covered it (a) by stapling t-shirt fabric all over it, and (b) right before they got rid of it, apparently:  the fabric is BRAND NEW.  I can use that, too.

Score!

To be continued...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)