Before
![]() |
| O_O |
1. I mean REALLY.
2. I am so. over. the green.
![]() |
| catbomb! |
See the "panels" on the wall back there? Once upon a time, this closet was a little computer desk nook, and those cleats were part of the support system for the desk top. When I turned it back into a closet, I left the cleats on the wall thinking maybe, just maybe I'd end up putting another desktop in there...
After
![]() |
| the same blue from the bedroom and laundry room |
Et voila! The desktop returns, and can be used for storage or as a small work surface on occasion (when the closet was a computer nook, I really liked being able to do small crafty things in there, too).
The top shelf is the same one from the "before" picture; the middle two are adjustable, thanks to the rails and brackets. The narrow space between the top shelf and the first of the adjustable shelves is intentional: I have so much flat art stuff - canvases, giant sketchbooks, rolls of paper, trays of supplies - that I always ended up piling it on my sewing table (gah!!) or putting it on a shelf and then stacking stuff on top of my artwork because of all the wasted space on the shelf (gah!!!!) Now I have a dedicated art-stuff-shelf which is exactly the right shape and size. I am SO excited about this.
Now all I have to do is take all the stuff from here:
And put it here:
| HAHA |
To be honest, though, I'm not crazy about the blue doors:
The green's gone, which is awesome. But the blue is ...wrong...for where I'm planning to go with the room (which is a completely different place than I was thinking of last year, so if you remember that post, please shake your brain's Etch-A-Sketch and erase it).
Anyhoo, I think I'd rather leave the blue closet as a surprise, and paint the doors white again, like they were before the green thing happened. They could probably use, like, knobs, too. Or...bifold doors? Or...*gasp*....curtains?? Hm...
Anyway.
FREAKING TADA!!! I did something, yay.
.
.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)