08 May 2013

Broken Table Win!

What do you do with a dumb little Ikea table that finally breaks after you've refinished it umpteen times and have never really been happy with it?

This:  






  • A gigantic candlestick (with a paper towel roll on it. 
  • An Ikea FORNSBRO side table (which looked like this, originally) 















Plus this...






  • The BEST GLUE EVER.  
  • black paint (the same as I used on the dressing table in my bedroom recently) 











Equals this: 

EPIC. 

...now, what do I do with it?  It's very short - maybe 22" high. Coffee table height. Too short for a night stand, or a side table in the living room.  Hmm...




When next we meet - the reason I painted for FOUR FREAKING HOURS tonight.  


.

3 comments:

  1. Cool, my old table gets a new life. You'll need to be very balanced in what you put on it with that small a base. Maybe add a plywood disk, with the edges sanded round,on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you were...it's you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)