19 May 2013

This Is a DUMB Chair.

I didn't even think this fabric pattern, and those like it, was cool when it was new and supposedly "hip" and "contemporary."  Gag-nacious.

The cats started fighting over it the second it was in the house. 


But, it was free!  Tomorrow's bulk pickup in my neighborhood, and I scored this hideous thing a few blocks over.  The fabric is narsty-looking, but it's clean, and comfortable, and in great shape, aside from a bit of cat damage on the front corners.

And it's a fabulous shape.  That's why I grabbed it.  It's just a little club chair, and while I haven't yet decided if it'll remain in the bedroom, where I stashed it for now, or if it'll eventually live in the living room, but one thing's for sure:  this is SO getting reupholstered. As soon as possible.

Yay!

This is what I see when I look at this chair:

overstock.com


Or something more like this:

countryliving.com 


To be continued...

.

3 comments:

  1. i SERIOUSLY NEED TO FIND A ...shit...find a cute little chair like that. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggle* Capslock much? ;)

    Yeah, I can't believe I lucked into it. I wasn't even looking for anything in particular, just going for a drive to see what was out there. Lots of toilets and broken pallets this time around, for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was working in Excel with my capslock on and ...well...

    I should have grabbed that cute little chair across from our mailboxes when it was first put out...it's still there, but has been rained on multiple times. :(

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)