23 May 2013

Henna Lamp: Redux

You may remember this lamp from 2011:

(the original shade makeover is here)


It's undergone a base swap since this picture - a bronze-y "iron" stick base with a really ugly fake-marble ball in the center.  The original base is still in my bedroom, with a new shade on it.

This shade, and it's new stick base, have been living on my computer desk in the living room, and I loved it there, but I hated the base the way it was, and I was ready for the shade to have some color.

So I spray-painted both: the base with black and hammered silver metallic spray paint, and the shade with a very watered-down acrylic paint, mixed with a little bit of fabric medium, in a plain old spray bottle.

After painting

in situ
Yay!  I love it.  Quick, easy project.

Well, easy except for the part where while spray-painting in the garage with the door open for ventilation, I accidentally let two of my very indoor cats outside.  I got them both back, and one of them was easy - he came when I called.  The other I had to stalk, decieve, and finally pounce on like a rabid animal to get ahold of him, and he's REALLY pissed at me.  Price you pay, little dude.

That's him.  And hey, look, it's the lamp!  LOL


.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty lamp! Glad you got Sweet Pea back...whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabi was out, too, but thankfully he came when I called, and loves being picked up, so he was easy to catch. And HE has tags!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)