We're getting a new mattress on Saturday! Kress' mom got us one for his birthday, and it's going to be delivered in THREE DAYS! The old one (the Ikea mattress I talked about briefly here) has definitely seen its day. Plus, Kress is 6'2"; and two adult humans + anywhere from three to five cats on the bed at a time do NOT fit on a queen-sized mattress!
So there's a king on the way. :) I plan to take the wooden bed frame apart and rebuild it to fit the new bed. The posts and side pieces I can re-use for a king-size frame (handy sizing info here, if you're interested), but the shorter end pieces, and the slats under the box spring, will have to be replaced.
![]() |
| I adore this bed; but it's time for a new incarnation |
I already have all the lumber I need for new slats, and to build a shallow platform to use instead of a box spring (usually called "bunkie boards", but I think that sounds dumb, so I'm not calling mine that); as well as most of the stuff I need to not only rebuild the bed around a larger mattress, but also change the design a bit.
I suppose I'd better go get at least one set of sheets to fit it, too.
![]() |
| durr. |
Yeah, I kinda forgot about that. Woops! A quick trip to Target is in order this weekend, then; and then on payday, a trip to Ikea:
![]() |
| Ikea's TANJA BRODYR duvet cover & shams |
Yeah? With all the blue and purple and green in the room? 100% cotton, and only fifty bucks for a king set! I pet it every time I go into Ikea; it feels soooo nice. Plus it's machine washable. :)
.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)