I got all of the shelves moved tonight! I emptied and removed two from the sewing room, and brought in two others from the garage that I'd painted black to coordinate, then loaded them up:
"organization"
no, it's not always like this. only tonight while I was moving furniture around
One of the shelves I removed from the sewing room became a "dresser" for my closet (after shoving the stupid step-shelf out to the garage). Shelving unit + baskets = dresser, right?
WRONG.
I mean, the shelf works great in there, but the baskets I had are totally the wrong size for it, so now I have to get more/different storage-container-type things (baskets? trays? take off and nuke the site from orbit?)
Also - this is where the time travel things comes in - it's 9pm, I haven't eaten since 1:00, and I just spent three hours pushing shelves around my house, and I'm freakin' tired. So tired, in fact, that I took a scadzillion photos of my closet all of which ended up containing (a) a tube of deodorant, (b) a pair of boots so dusty that they look twenty years old, and (c) open baskets full of panties.
Oops. :)
So instead of posting those pictures, you get this:
Is that a curtain bracket that has no mate and is too big for the type of curtain rods I like to hang? No! It's a BELT RACK!
I'll post "real" pictures of the closet once I figure out the basket-y business in there, whenever that happens. At least I have the shelf in there - that stupid step shelf has been driving me NUTS.
Ikea from a million years ago
See? NUTS! I mean, it's cool and everything, but it fits nowhere and holds nothing and goes with none of my stuff, ever. I just can't let it go, though. What can I say, I like it. But it's in the garage now, where it can at least keep some things off the floor no matter how weird a shape it is.
.



OMG...my cats would love that shelf! Hee.
ReplyDeleteHehe - yeah, my cats like it, too. When I had it stuffed into the bedroom a while back just to get it out of the way, there were always at least two on it. That's actually the shelf I was thinking of carving up and making into actual cat-furniture...but I need storage in the garage more than I need cat-furniture.
ReplyDelete