01 September 2010

Some Days It Just Doesn't Pay To Chew Through the Restraints

I had all these grand designs last night concerning my laundry room - I was going to clean it up! I was going to paint it!  I was going to take down and re-hang the shelves!  I was going to fill holes, and move dusters and clothes-drying rods, and ---

...and then I started assembling my materials, and realized I had no roller covers!  UGH.  The whole project, the whole room, centers around a new coat of paint on the walls and shelves.  I couldn't even begin.  No problem, I thought, I'll just start on the craft room, and do what I can right now.  I managed to spray-paint a shelf black as I'd planned, but I used up my last two cans of black spray paint and couldn't finish the second one.  And again - everything else centered around painting with roller covers I don't have.  (And contact paper I don't have, and stencil tape I don't have, and...).

So, guess what I'm doing on the way home tonight?  LOL.

I don't know if I'll have time to do the entire laundry room.  First, I have to replace a ballast in the light fixture in my kitchen light.  It's been out forever, and I've never gotten around to fixing it (and you'd think I would, as handy as I am, and considering that I brought *lamps* into the kitchen to cook by, but noooo).  So:

  • kitchen light ballast
  • dinner
  • laundry room! 
Here's hoping tonight's plans go better than last night's!  :)

.

1 comment:

  1. I know you got the ballast done. Here's to getting those roller covers today! I'm still fighting the decorating ogre myself. He won last night...I played games.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)