Here are a few of my favorite things about my own kitchen:
|(pls. excuse the lighting here; the overhead was broken when I took this)|
1. All! This! Space! Perfect for team-cooking, serving spaces at parties, and piling up lots of junk that I bring home from work/the store, drop on the counter and then forget to put away for a week. D'oh!
2. The dark wood cabinets (which I paint with a faux-bois finish over the existing combination laminate + wood surfaces).
3. The soft, muted blue inside the cabinets which show off my blue and white dishes (more on that at a later date, as I replace some of the pieces that aren't working for me and update my glassware).
4. My silly little canister labels: Meth (flour), rat poison (wheat flour), arsenic (sugar), and...rice. Okay, so I ran out of ideas. ;)
5. The silver trivet (above) with the swirly tree on it, which I got at Target a million years ago.
6. The chalkboard on my pantry door, made with a scrap sheet of hardboard (masonite) + chalkboard paint. Here it is decorated in a Sweeney Todd theme for my upcoming Halloween party.
7. The pot rack shelf thing I built to go next to my refrigerator earlier this year.
8. The cutting boards that I posted about yesterday, which I made from a salvaged butcher-block counter top slab.