02 August 2010

Bedroom: Ver. 1,000,235,235.7

I painted the bedroom this weekend!  Well, most of it - I still have to do behind the bed, but by 8pm last night, I was NOT shoving any more furniture around the room.  It's essentially the same color, but it's a solid color this time, instead of the cloudy sponge-y thing I had before:

Sponge treatment + more fake crown molding <3


Which I loved, don't get me wrong, but the effect always was a bit too rough - I'd wanted something softer, barely noticeable.  This was great, but after a couple of years, I was tired of seeing weird little patterns and faces in it.  Do you do that, too, or do I just have a brain tumor?  Idk. 

And the new color (which is a tiny bit lighter, and a tiny bit on the greener side of the blue above) is fantabulous - but what I'm SUPER excited about it what I did to my vanity/dressing table, and my jewelry arrangement.  

Before, it was on the south wall of the room, between the two windows - the darkest part of the room, which is not good for the daily putting on of the face.  My necklaces were hung from a dowel balanced across two of those sparkly glass faux-vintage knobs that I love so much, screwed into the wall...which looked neat, but they'd get tangled from being shuffled around all the time, and at least twice a month I'd knock the dowel off the wall and have to pick them all up and sort them out. 

 no.


So I moved the vanity to the north wall, opposite the windows, where the mirror would reflect more light into the room...

Yes. 


And did this with my necklaces: 

oh HELL yeah
I saw the idea online somewhere several weeks ago - I forget where, it was on someone else's blog - and had been dying to try it. 

You can see the difference in this picture between the original wall color (on the inside of the bathroom door there) and the new one.  Gonna have to re-paint the bathroom.  

You can also see a hint of the curtains in that shot - I'd had some blue sheers up (the bedroom was once  monochromatic) but was tired of looking at them, especially since a puppy who shall not be named shredded the bottom 4" of them last Fall when she was new.  Grrr.  Anyway: 

See the wall I haven't painted yet?  Tee-hee. 

They are, of course, Ikea's Sarita.  And they stand out a bit oddly against the wall color, but not for long.  They actually look great with the bed:  

catbomb!

And I'm planning on hanging that Indian sari-quilt on the east wall, opposite the bed, like a tapestry - I just need to go get a big, thick, long, heavy-duty wooden bar to drape it over, since it weighs four crap-tons: 

(I totally built this bed, by the way)

I'll probably finish the painting tonight.  It's entirely possible that I have a large bar that will support the weight of the quilt - I'll have to look through my hoard stash to see what I have. 




.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I see the sari -quilt...would love to see it hung up...your bedroom's gorgeous!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)