- The photo-styling in these things is just awesome. Well-balanced, excellent use of color, and especially light.
- I love that Ikea uses REAL people in their catalogs - not bland, boring models, but real people of all colors, sizes, and ethnicities. Multi-racial families, dirty babies, people larger than a size 2, rag-tag little kids jumping on furniture, and teenagers with pink hair! AWESOME.
- I love the page in every catalog where they showcase and explain all the little things they're doing this year to make products more eco-friendly, more affordable, and easier to ship and store.
- I love the way the rooms showcased in the catalog look lived in - not just pretty show rooms, but like actual homes with activity and people and just a little bit of mess...and *cords* coming from TVs and lamps. Yay.
Next Time I Go:
- 2 more pairs of the LILL mesh curtains, for my dining room bay window
- 1 pair of the sheer SARITA curtains in royal blue - and maybe by the time I go they'll have a peacock color again, too, or maybe a jewel-green - for my guest bath (which is currently green and purple, but wants to be green and blue and peacock feathers)
- bright turquoise and green and cobalt-blue towels for my guest bath
- More LJUVLIG and DIOD glassware for my kitchen - I have some of the dusty blue platters and cups from last year; there's a cobalt blue this year, and it looks like they still have the plum. Mmmm.
- The PJAS storage baskets and the ALSEDA stool - because I *love* the smell of dried banana fibers. Heaven.
- The new ARYD and HERRANG series of candleholders. Pretty!
- The UNG DRILL frame, which I desperately want to make into a mirror, or possibly a really bad-ass clock.
- This black/white floral comforter cover, which I forget the name of, and can't find in the new catalog OR online - but my local store still has it. I guess I'd better snap it up before it's discontinued. It wants to become curtains for my sewing room, and a cover for my large ironing board!
(from page 12)
Dear Bag-of-Money-In-the-Street Fairy...