31 August 2010

Plants + Sewing Room

So...ever wondered where the inspiration for all those awesome wallpapers comes from?  Here's one:

 various "Acanthus" prints in wallpaper, tile, sculpture, stencils, fabrics




actual Acanthus plant (Acanthus mollis, a.k.a. "Bears' Breeches") 



And, just as a teaser...


Mood board for my sewing/craft room, as I slowly accumulate things I need to pull it off - which includes several variations on a black-white-green acanthus-y  "damask" theme. 

More on that when I actually get working in that room - gotta get the laundry room painted, then the craft room is next!

.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...my weird dream last night had wallpaper samples...and an earthquake. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)