24 August 2010

Living Room Update, Part I: Office


My "office" is parked under a window at the North end of the living room space, framed by floofy curtains and overhanging vines, making the space feel private and lush while you sit at the computer goofing around on the internet.  0:) The desk is an old Ikea piece from nearly a decade ago, given to me by a friend's mother.  It works, but it's a bit big and blocky; I keep meaning to replace it with something more like this, but so far...?




The Ikea KAUSTBY dining chair that I picked up in the "as-is" section for $20, and for which I sewed this seat cushion made from Ikea's SARITA sheer curtains in a peacock-blue.


A small view of some of the little things on my desk that I keep there simply because I enjoy looking at them:  a tiny clay pot with a Jade plant in it; a red Moroccan candle lantern from World Market, a stack of old Shakespeare stories from a thrift store, and a tiny clay "Garden Goddess" figurine made for me by a friend.


A wider view, with magazines and books-to-be-read, and a carved wooden tray (also from World Market) that contains necessities like pens, a small pad of paper, my cellphone and camera chargers.

 Part II tomorrow - the actual living room.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! But be nice. Trolls and a-holes will be publicly humiliated and then sent a dead fish in the mail. :o)